Introducing Volume 4: Stockholm.
This issue contains stories about Stockholm, its coffee, and the people who drink it. For our fourth issue, we hear from dozens of locals, shop owners, roasters, patrons, entrepreneurs, writers, and photographers about what it’s like to drink coffee in Stockholm. The Swedish capital’s residents drink coffee as if it’s water, and foster a fierce dedication to fika whether they’re at the office or snuggling near a fire in the dead of winter. Yet, specialty coffee is a harder-than-expect sell in the coffee-guzzling city: Swedes have always had high-quality coffee—for cheap—and expect it to stay that way.
Drift, Volume 4 guides us from India to New York, from an early 1900s ship on the harbor to trendy Södermalm, and from the 1700s to the future, as we take a magnifying glass to what makes Stockholm’s coffee scene tick.
Drift, Volume 4 includes:
- A look into fika, the coffee ritual central to Swedish life;
- Morning at sea: A sea-faring local wakes up with coffee on the water;
- Profiles of recent Syrian and Iraqi immigrants assimilating over fika;
- A photo series dedicated to mysig and exceptional Swedish design;
- Why specialty coffee is a hard sell in Stockholm;
- Profiles of teens facing an uncertain future;
- A look into one of the city’s devil-may-care roasters;
- How progressive Swedish environmentalism turned cafes onto unexpected ingredients;
- And more…
DETAILS 160 pages, offset-printed and perfect bound, full color on uncoated paper. Carbon neutral printing. No ads.
SHIPPING & HANDLING US orders are shipped via USPS Media Mail in our custom packaging. International orders are shipped via International Priority Airmail. Shipping for a single magazine is $6 (US), $10 (Canada), and $15 (International). Shipping will be calculated at checkout. For more information, view FAQs.
There are no reviews yet.